Friday, October 23, 2020

Blog Post Week 12

    Since I was around for this new product when it started becoming popular, I chose to view the iPod through the lends of diffusion theory. The first time I interacted with this product was Christmas in 2004. I got the iPod Shuffle, I was so excited to use this tiny little box and listen to music. As we know, iPods eventually developed into iPhones and this can be seen clearly with the diffusion theory. Apple as a company wasn't incredibly popular until they came out with smaller handheld devices. Effective forms of communication were in high demand at the beginning of the 21st century. Ipod was such an accessible and communicative device that it became a norm for society. Every other company started following Apple's footsteps and created this smartphone we know so well today. The downside of this technological evolution is the thousands of other features that aren't related to communicating. Using social media platforms takes up so much of your time and distracts you from your surroundings. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post (Why Technology is Freaky)

    Technology is apart of our way of living and there's nothing we can do to change that. I can't imagine living my life without my...